Thank you for your interest in joining us. We don’t hold auditions and membership is open to anyone over the age of 18. You don’t need any previous musical experience or be able to read music. If you have never sung before we will help you to develop as a singer and become a confident member of our choir. Doing something new can seem daunting, but we promise you a very warm welcome as you start this great new journey with us.
We would first like you to be our guest at a free taster session. This is so you can come to a rehearsal, meet us and see if we are right for you. We offer taster sessions at most of our rehearsals.
We will rehearse on Tuesday evenings during term time at Victoria Hall, Victoria Road, Saltaire, West Yorkshire BD18 3JS. Rehearsals will begin at 7.45pm and end at 9.30pm, with a short break half way through. Our first rehearsal will be 11th September 2018.
Click here to book your free taster today!
Once you’ve been for your free taster, we hope that you will want to come back! If you do decide to join us as a member, here is all the information you will need.
Becoming a member of the Great Yorkshire Chorus
As a member you will enjoy all the benefits that come with being part of a fantastic choir family. Your membership means that you will:
- Be able to take part in weekly rehearsals through term time. Our term dates can be viewed here.
- Be entitled to take part in regular performances at a range of concerts and events.
- Improve your singing technique and confidence through vocal exercises built in to rehearsals.
- Enjoy the many social events we will hold, such as pub trips after every rehearsal, meals out, Christmas parties, summer balls.
- Have opportunities to take part in extra events such as one off workshops and tours.
- Have access to music learning resources for use during and outside of rehearsals. These include lyric sheets, sheet music (used occasionally for some songs, with careful guidance for beginners) and practice rehearsal tracks with each part recorded separately.
- Be able to purchase a specially designed Great Yorkshire Chorus tshirt which is worn for performances.
- Have opportunity to make new friends, have fun and do something extraordinary!
What do we need from you?
- Ready for a new challenge?
- Someone who enjoys singing with other people?
- Able to commit to attend weekly rehearsals regularly?
- Willing to put in a little effort to learn your music?
- Open minded to trying different musical styles?
- Friendly with a sense of humour?
If this is you, then we think you will fit right in!
We are committed to keeping fees at an affordable level whilst still running a high quality choir.
Membership fees are payable for each half term at £39. Fees are payable before or on the first rehearsal of each half term.
All choir members are also required to purchase a choir t-shirt which they will need in order to take part in performances, at a cost of £15. If you are able to, we recommend that you buy this when you join to avoid any last minute problems before a performance.
There may occasionally be extra costs such as a coach fare to a performance or the cost of a social event such as a meal out. These things are always optional and we will give you advance notice.
There are some terms and conditions to becoming a choir member. We put these together so that you know what we expect from you and also what you can expect from us. We feel that they are fair, reasonable and will ensure a great experience for you and other choir members. You can view them here.
If you decide to go ahead and join us, then we will be delighted to have you with us as a founding member. You will be able to join us as a fully registered choir member following our launch on Tuesday 11th September. The best thing to do now is make sure you have booked your free taster session by clicking here. If you have any other queries in the meantime please drop us an email at email@example.com. We hope you will join us on this exciting journey and look forward to welcoming you soon!
‘Music can change the world because it can change people’